Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sew this is what I've been doing....


This is the front of the crib quilt that I am making for the baby. I have started to freak out that nothing is ready for the baby's room, so my mom and I began sewing this week. It is so much fun -- my mom is an excellent seamstress and a really good teacher.



This is the material for the curtains in the baby's room. It's orange on a cream background. I'm staying away from too much pink, because if we have a boy next, I don't want to have to completely re-decorate! (We only have 1 spare bedroom).
Oh yeah, and I cut off my hair after one too many hot summer days. After growing it out for nearly 5 years, it feels good to be free again! And I got enough (11 inches) to donate to Locks of Love, so I didn't cry at all this time.


4 comments:

Denise Stears said...

How fun, I love the fabric. Ok, I know I'm weird because I'm looking in the background of the pictures, but I haven't been to Cali in a long time, but your mom's house looks cute with the yellow and the tile in the kitchen. She's so creative. And you cut your hair, well that's what it looks like in the pictures. It was so long in your last post. It looks cute. I can't wait to see the baby. I hope you are doing well.

Ginger said...

good for you Jackie!!! I love baby projects...though I am never ambitious enough to do them... :)

Jon and Mercedes said...

Jacks - that looks great! I have never made a quilt, but I have been wanting to try it out on the sewing machine...
Your hair is sooo cute! It was the first thing I noticed in the photos!

BENVANA said...

Jackie, so talented! I saw that you had made the drapes in your house from the material from the wedding tables, so you are definitely thrifty and practical. I want to be like you when I get pregnant! you're super cute!