Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Johnson

We're having a baby! I left my ultrasound pic at work, so I don't have anything but words to post today. We are really excited, and I am really sick! Luckily, I can work from home, which has been really nice. I try to go in to the office as much as possible, but working from home is just so much more convenient. My dad is a great, understanding boss! I eat a LOT of Oat N Honey granola bars (the really hard, messy ones) and Cheerios in milk. That's about it. But sometimes I have a good spell, and I can eat eggs, spaghetti, and pizza. I'd like to say I have morning sickness, but really it's all day. Any advice from experienced people would be greatly appreciated!

Anyways, down to the technical stuff -- I am of course a little nervous -- probably more than most women because I do have another medical condition already. However, a couple friends recommended a high risk doctor to me and I feel really confident in his abilities. He is a head doctor at UCLA Medical so I will be delivering there, most likely. I am so grateful that he is covered by my insurance! PPOs are awesome for people who have to be a little picky about their doctors, like me. I have gained 3 pounds so far, and I haven't been throwing up too much, just really nautious, so things are going as expected so far.

Baby is due May 4th. Yea!

17 comments:

gk risser said...

I told you guys Steve doesn't shoot blanks.

Jon and Mercedes said...

Do you remember that one dress you had in college and you would always say, "This dress will be perfect to wear when I am pregnant"...
(This is Mercedes by the way)

Jon and Mercedes said...

Shoot! I gave blogging a try one day back in March and decided I was too lazy but now when I leave a comment it gives you my link!!! Don't bother checking it b/c nothing is ever there.

Kayla Laird said...

ahhh jackie!! thats awesome news! im so happy for u guys =)

Jaclyn said...

Mercedes -- I threw that dress away! And seriously, I so wish I had all my "pregnant" clothes now, because all I wear is my flannel pajama bottoms and the few skirts I can fit into!

Thompson said...

Congrats (publically) Sis.
---John

Twerty Girl said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am for you!! Congrats! I'm so sorry you are feeling crappy, hopefully it doesn't last long. Sadly, I have no advice for you =( I can't wait to see some pics of the little bean though hehe
xoxo Charity

Denise Stears said...

Congrats Jackie. I'm so excited for you. I hope your pregnancy goes well. Just make sure you get lots of rest. You will need it. That's nice that you work for your dad and can stay home and work. I can't wait to see some belly pictures, I bet you look so cute pregnant.

Ginger said...

HOORAY!!! We are all SOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!

love
ginger

Ellingsons said...

WooHoo! I am so happy for you two. Sorry about the yucky sickness. I hope it passes soon.

AJsGirls said...

Yipeeeeeeeeee! Glad it is all working out! How do you like him? (The doctor) Is he nice to you? If he's not don't take it personally, he's just cranky but kind when he needs to be. Sorry, I don't have any advice for you as far as the 24 hours/day sickness goes, people always try to dole it out but nothing works for the same two people. Nothing worked at all for me, it just sucks and has to pass.

Melissa said...

congratulations Jackie! My only tip would eat in stages. If I was feeling sick I would start with juice, then move onto crackers, to sour dough toast, to a meal. That totally worked for me. Good luck. I'm so excited for you guys!

Ashley said...

Congratulations Jackie I am so happy for you. Yo are going to be such a cute mom i will pray that you dont have twins!

Jamie Dana said...

Congratulations Jackie. Hopefully you will start to feel better in a few months. That first trimester is blah!

I am really excited for you guys.

Newlyweds said...

yeeeahhhh Jackie !

Thats great, I'm really excited !

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

3 pounds is good! I hope you feel good soon! YAY!!!!! i'm so excited to see your cute kids!

Danielle said...

Congrats Jackie. Such an exciting time... except for the sick part. We're happy for you guys!