Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our "New" Home

Steve and I just moved out of our apartment and into a rental house that my parents own. After many years, their tenants have moved and we are now the lucky ones to fix up the place and make it a rental again! We have a lot of work to do, and have already done a lot -- so I'll post the pictures as we go along. And yes, we're staying at my parents' house until there is actually one decent room for us to sleep in at the rental -- I"m hoping that won't be more than 2 weeks away! We are having a lot of fun doing this -- I feel like I'm in a very long episode of Flip This House.


Jeff & Steve scraped almost all of the ceilings
in one day--- Jeff is basically a professional
since he did my parents' house last fall.


This was after cleaning for an hour already.



Not a very flattering picture, but the bathrooms
are my territory -- while the boys have been
demolishing ceilings and walls, I've been
scrubbing the tubs and toilets. I actually like it.

7 comments:

Pod papo - Pod música said...

Hello!
Good Work to you!
I liked your pictures!!

Bye!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

SO COOL! That looks like alot of work but how rewarding! How lucky for you to be able to move into a house, YAY!

Denise Stears said...

Cool Jackie. That looks like a lot of work though, but it will be nice for you guys when it's done. Hey how was Refugio?

Ellingsons said...

Ugh...I hate the process of fixing up the house, but the end is always a nice reward. I can't wait to see the "after" pictures. That's always the satisfying part.

Laurel Eldredge said...

Hey Jackie - Congrats on your wedding! You guys look like a happy couple. I am so happy for you. I am so glad you have a blog. It is really hard to get in touch with your sister, so it is fun to see pictures of the family and such through you. I wish you all the best and happiness! Love - Laurel (Bisk) Eldredge

gk risser said...

Did I ever tell you about the pairs of hershey squirt stained underwear we found stuffed in the radiators of our apartment? We didn't notice them until the heat came on in the winter and the corner of our bedroom started smelling wierd. I mean, the 4 pair of men's panties in the window box I can understand, even the pair in the closet, but the radiator? C'est la vie right? I mean, you know what I'm saying.

PS> Don't walk around that backyard without combat boots Jackie, I've seen the rattlers back there.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Ok.. I usually like cleaning the bathrooms but that doesn't look like one that I'd like to clean. I found your blog off of Andrea's. ;)